Mr. And Mrs. Cruz [2018]

June 11, 2018
via Facebook

Starring:
JC Santos as Raffy Cruz
Ryza Cenon as Gela Cruz

Directed by: Sigrid Andrea P. Bernardo
The Story
This is a story of Raffy (JC Santos) and Gela (Ryza Cenon), both surname Cruz but, doesn't know each other, until they were fetched by the transport service they booked with. The setting is in Palawan for them to escape the not so great realities of their current lives and catch up on their respective me-time. 

Inconsistency of Time of Event
Small details such as dates and events are quite relevant to be noticed in this story. Take for example, Gela mentioned that they were 7 year "ish" in a relationship but a year ago, they just celebrated their 3 years. Gela also mentioned that it is her first time in the place but later on, it was revealed that they have been there. Hmmmm

The Actors
They're good but I think there's something missing. I don't know. Maybe chemistry? Don't get me wrong, they look good together but maybe I'm looking something that I couldn't find in them.

The Best Part
To be honest, I never heard the Filipino version of high five that accordingly very famous (not in where I came from, Mindanao), which I liked! A lot! Sounds cool! So that means my childhood is not that cool! LOL!
"Appear, disappear, one-half, one-fourth. One-fourth, One-half, disappear, appear."

Apparently, this is similar to US Version of high five (I'm pretty sure, I've seen this version in movies/TV Series)
"Give me five, on the side, down below— You’re too slow!"

Verdict
Not that I don't like the concept of the story but maybe I got distracted already with the inconsistencies. You can't help but compare to "That Thing Called Tadhana [2014]" but far behind.

Ratings: 3/5 ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment