2 Cool 2 Be 4gotten [2016]

April 29, 2018
Via YouTube

Starring:
Khalil Ramos as Felix Salonga
Ethan Salvador as Magnus Snyder
Jameson Blake as Maximilian "Maxim" Snyder
Ana Capri as Demetria

Directed by: Petersen Vargas
The title of the blog is "My Opinion or Review" but to be honest, this is more on opinion than review. I was told that I need to put everything in English for me to not limit my readers to Filipino speaking audience (as if I have readers, duh), but okay, fine, from now on, I'll try to write in English even though there will be wrong spelling or wrong grammar, who cares? Right? I just saw Katy (Christian LeBlanc's girlfriend) that at first, she's so shy in speaking in English (because she's Spanish) and she even describe it as "horrible" but look at her now? She's very confident now and I love her accent (ya know, the Spanish accent? Like the ever gorgeous Sofía Vergara).  

Enough with this intro. This all about the Filipino indie film "2 Cool 2 Be 4gotten", a directorial debut of Petersen Vargas and written by Jason Paul Laxamana. An official entry to 12th Cinema One Originals Film Festival (2016) and won 3 awards: Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Jameson Blake), Best Cinematography (Carlos Mauricio). It also won another awards in 27th Young Critics Circle Awards (2017) as Best First Feature and in 32nd Lovers Film Festival - Torino LGBTQI Visions (2017) as Audience Choice Award.

The Story
It evolves around the mysterious coming-of-age tale of Felix (Khalil Ramos) after he met half-American Snyder brothers, Magnus (Ethan Salvador) and Maxim (Jameson Blake).

The best part of the movie for me is the one that they lie down and drunk and ready to sleep, Magnus is just on his sexy boxers, gosh, PLEASE, can we switch places now? Uh! Then Magnus told Felix: "You're my very first friend in the world". Ah, yeah, even if you're just my only friend EVAH.. and can fantasize you all the time, I don't care if you'll be my only friend for a lifetime.
I guess, every gay individual would love to have Magnus to be around even just a friend. The way he treated people, that's how I wanna be treated too (but not those episodes with Maxim). Everyone would fall for Magnus.

The Actors
OMG, after watching this movie, I'm now in love with Ethan Salvador. His character is so lovable. Acting was not that good but I'm convinced, so good enough.

What I've Noticed
Gosh, Magnus and Maxim used dollars as currency but the story is about an abandoned children by their father. How come they still have dollars in them? Okay fine, maybe their father sent them money but no way to received them in dollars specially if they use money transfer service. It's should be converted to Philippine Peso already. Duh!

To be honest, I've heard stories how Kapampangan pronounced words with letter "H" in first vowel pronounced words, for example "internet" becomes "hinternet", but never heard them in a conversational way until this movie.

Verdict
I liked it!

Ratings: 3/5 ★★★☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment